Narendra has around 26 years of rich experience in the domain of Companies Act, Arbitration and Conciliation Act, Consumer Protection Act, SICA, 1985, Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1993, Securitization Act, 2002 etc. Possess in depth expert knowledge of law in handling the prosecution of claims in Arbitration Proceedings. He is a regular contributor of articles on diversified legal topics in renowned legal magazines like Chartered Secretary, Corporate Law Adviser, Arbitration Law Reporter and Chartered Accountant Practice Journal. He had been member of reputed councils such as Indian Council of Arbitration – New Delhi, Indian Corporate Counsel Association – Sydney, Board of Arbitrators – Sahara (India) Financial Corporation Ltd and Convener, Legal Committee, Association of Industries – Dewas.
He is an expert facilitator of legal opinions and pleadings in Arbitration Proceeding, Personal Guarantee and Mortgage, and drafting Counter Claims under the Law of Torts against Banks/Financial Institutions on behalf of sick companies facing recovery actions under the Recovery of Debts Act, 1993 and Securitization Act, 2002.
Statutory & Legal Affairs and their Compliances
Business & Corporate Laws
Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1993 & Securitization Act, 2002
Director’s Personal Guarantee, Mortgage
• At present working as freelance Consultant (Business Laws) and mainly handling cases relating to the Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1993, Securitisation Act, 2002, etc. Drafted numerous Counter Claims for loss and damages (suffered by sick companies) under the Law of Torts against the Banks and Financial Institutions for filing before Debt Recovery Tribunals, Debt Recovery Appellate Tribunals and Civil Courts. (Undertaking drafting work only, but not arguing and practicing as an Advocate).
• Representing the organization for resolution of legal cases under various statutory Acts / Rules.
• Appointing and maintaining sustained contact with legal professionals for initiating and following-up on legal procedures; handling civil & arbitration cases.
• Identifying legal risks associated in commercial contracts and taking appropriate mitigating measures and also monitoring the Contract Management.
• Negotiating and executing agreements / contracts such as JV Agreements, Shareholders Agreements and Foreign Collaboration Agreements.
• Representing the organization before Company Law Board, MRTP Commission and managing work related to Registrar of Companies.
• Incorporating Companies and handing over to the clients after inducting their representatives on the Board.
Company Secretarial Functions:
• Conducting the AGM / EGM, Board Meetings as required under Companies Act involving issuance of notices, drafting agenda, recording minutes and preparing reports / corporate governance reports.
• Representing the organization before Central Government, Company Law Board, MRTP Commission and handling work related to Registrar of Companies, RBI and Debenture Trustees, etc.
• Providing inputs to achieve organizational aims: managing divestment, subsidiary & JV initiatives.
• Managing procedural formalities pertaining to Financial Re-structuring, Change of Name as well as handle submission of application for Registration of Trade Mark / Copy Right.
• Overseeing timely filing of various returns, as per the provisions of statutory and regulatory bodies.
• Preparing and filing necessary documents & returns, as required under the Companies Act.
• Drafting and vetting legal documents including Confidentiality Agreement, Shareholders Agreement, Share Purchase Agreement, Non-Compete Agreement, Foreign Collaboration / Technical Know How / Joint Venture Agreement and Agreement for Sale.
• Handling proper preparation of Lease / Leave & License Agreement, Power of Attorney, Agreement for Appointment of Distributors, and other commercial agreements / documents as required by the Company.
• Prosecuted 41 cases u/s 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act 1881 and successfully resolved them by conciliation and mediation, 21 cases u/s 630 of Companies Act, 1956, 25 civil suits, and 4 Arbitrations, in Dewas, Indore, Ujjain, Kolkata & Mumbai.
• Filed a writ petition against the M.P. Housing Board, for charging excessive penal interest on the installments of 62 LIG houses, by settling for Rs. 13.33 lacs as against the demand of Rs. 20.50 lacs.
• Prosecuted and won six cases u/s 630 of the Companies Act up to the Supreme Court of India.
• Prosecuted and won Trade Mark cases at Bombay High Court (one) and Delhi High Court (two).
• Instrumental in incorporating and vetting Memorandum and Articles of Association of Gajra Differential Gears Pvt. Ltd. in 1991 and another Company, Rexel Pharma (India) Pvt. Ltd. in 2000.
• Initiated and filed a criminal case against M.P. Housing Board and its senior officials thereby compelling the Board to execute sale deed of 62 LIG houses in favour of company in 2004.
• Received appreciation letters for providing valuable opinions to the Association of Industries Dewas, regarding interpretation and applicability of Building & Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1996, and also for preparing gist of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006, for the benefit of local industries of Dewas (a major industrial area of M.P).
• Bagged the ‘Best Opinion Provider’ award for the year 2005 from the website www.alladvocates.com for providing free legal opinion to the queries raised by general public.
• Appointed Convener, Legal Committee, Association of Industries Dewas (2006-08).
• While functioning as Deputy Company Secretary, was recognized by the top management for excellent performance for single handedly shouldering all responsibilities of a Company Secretary as well as executing legal cases successfully.
Member, Indian Council of Arbitration, New Delhi.
Member, Indian Corporate Counsel Association, Sydney.
Convener, Legal Committee, Association of Industries Dewas (2006-08).
Listed as Expert Consultant on the website www.lawyersclubindia.com
Elder son is a CIVIL JUDGE, presently posted in Dist. Mandleshwar (MP).
Member LinkedIn Group - Corporate & Legal Professionals of India.
LinkedIn Public Profile:http://in.linkedin.com/in/narendrasharma51
Quick Link : http://nksharma51.lawyersclubindia.com
199, Alkapuri, Dewas-455001 Madhya Pradesh, India
Tel: (07272) 421309;
Email: email@example.com Alternate: firstname.lastname@example.org